Southeast Alaska Health Care Summit
February 6th. Elizabeth Peratrovich Hall, Juneau.
Agenda: Workforce development, hospital care, University and health care education, aging population health care needs, health care IT solutions, accounting support, networking, career pathways, recruitment collaboration, etc.
Meilani Schijvens is the project manager for the Southeast Alaska Health Care Initiative: email@example.com 463-9234
Southeast Alaska Health Care Workforce Analysis
In 2019, the University of Alaska Southeast, University of Alaska Anchorage, Bartlett Regional Hospital, the Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium (SEARHC), and Alaska State Hospital and Nursing Home Association (ASHNHA) partnered with Southeast Conference to conduct a Southeast Alaska health care workforce survey. The purpose of the survey was to measure the future workforce needs of regional health care providers along with the obstacles to meeting those needs; and to understand the trends and economic value of health care in the region. Combining this information with with existing data will allow health care partners to develop better regional health care recruitment, retention and training strategies, and forecast future health care workforce needs so they can more effectively plan to fill those gaps.
University of Alaska:
- Rick Caulfield UAS Chancellor,
- Jeff Jessee UAA College of Health Dean,
- Kathryn Craft UAA Senior Director of Statewide Health Programs and Development,
- Karen Carey UAS Provost
Bartlett Regional Hospital:
- Charles Bill CEO,
- Dallas Hargrave Human Resources Director
- Robert Venables Executive Director
Alaska Behavioral Health Association:
- Tom Chard CEO
Southeast Alaska Regional Health Consortium:
- Dan Neumeister COO
Alaska State Hospital and Nursing Home Association:
- Jeannie Monk, Senior Vice President, Alaska State Hospital & Nursing Home Association
- Matt Eisenhower Executive Director of Community Health Development and Foundation PeaceHealth Ketchikan
Petersburg Medical Center:
- Phil Hofstetter CEO
Senior Citizen Support Services, Inc:
- Sioux Douglas President
Ketchikan Pioneer Home:
- Julie Sande, Administrator
Southeast Alaska Area Health Education Center:
- Joan Pardes, Center Director.
More about this project: