Has your business been impacted by the decline in tourism this summer? Are you wondering how to operate while ensuring the safety of your employees and customers? Or are you concerned about the long-term impacts of COVID on tourism?
Access the recent recordings and resources from the "Operating Through COVID-19" workshop. Spruce Roots and Southeast Conference brought in experts to answer questions and equip you with the information you need to strengthen your business during these challenging times. We are happy to share these resources and tools to help you respond to the current health and economic crises, generate additional capital, minimize loss, and thrive in the “new economy.”
Operating Through COVID-19 Workshop
This document contains resources that were mentioned by presenters as part of Spruce Root and Southeast Conference’s Operating Through COVID-19 Workshop hosted online from June 10th - 13th, 2020. Links to view the sessions are also available.
Are you interested in growing your business further? This September, Spruce Root is hosting the Path to Prosperity Master Class in Juneau. This program connects advanced entrepreneurs with expert mentors who help them build their growth strategy and take their business to the next level. Travel and hotel scholarships are available for minority-led businesses. Register and learn more here.
Was your business affected by COVID-19? Fill out Southeast Conference’s COVID-19 and Business Impacts Survey.
Day 1 - Wednesday, June 10th
Tax Implications of COVID-19 (0:00-1:00)
Mark Mesdag, Janelle Anderson, Ryan Beason, and Tyler Emerson of Elgee Rehfeld
Economic Trends for Southeast Alaskan Tourism Businesses (1:00-2:00)
Nolan Klouda, UA Center for Economic Development
Alaska CARES (2:00-2:47)
Davina Napier, Credit Union 1
Jon Bitner, Juneau Economic Development Council(JEDC)
Alan Weitzner, Alaska Industrial Development and Export Authority (AIDEA)
- Apply for a AK CARES grant through Credit Union 1 here.
- Need help applying? Check out CU1’s video tutorial.
Featuring U.S. Senator Lisa Murkowski and John Springsteen of the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development (DCCED)
- Read more about the AK CARES grant and see if your business qualifies here.
- View AK CARES distribution by community here.
- Contact Penny at email@example.com
- View presentation slides here.
- Create a google business profile here.
- View presentation slides here and here.
- See the latest reopening protocols here.
- See ATIA’s Show Up For Alaska campaign to find local deals and discounts for Alaska residents.